Men’s dress shoes made of leather are synonymous with elegance and good taste.
People who must always wear a formal look for work, have in their closet at least two pairs of dress shoes, shirts and pants that go according to an elegant look.
There are shoes for casual and formal events, in this article we will talk about the care we should give to dress shoes.
If you have doubts about the types of dress shoes, here is a brief description of three styles of dress shoes for elegant men.
Ideal for wearing with slightly narrow pants to show off the buckle of the shoes.
English design lace-up shoes
They are models that have the flaps sewn over the leather of the shoe.
Prussian design lace-up shoes
These shoe models have the laces sewn underneath the leather, which gives them a more formal style.
There are models for all tastes, both in color, design, and stitching materials.
But there is something that happens with all shoes and is that with use the sole of dress shoes begins to wear out due to friction and friction generated by walking.
For these cases it is necessary to prevent sole wear with high quality metal flush toe taps for shoes.
The metal toe taps that are placed flush with the shoe and serve as protection for the leather soles with this is achieved by extending the service life and preventing wear of the shoe toe.
Experienced shoemakers who know about men’s shoe care use flush metal-tipped taps to repair shoe soles.
You can also read NOW: Clean Boots Ugg’s
Advantages of metal tipped flush toe taps for leather shoes
If you want to avoid repairing your shoes or prevent the wear on the sole from starting to show, it is best to fit them with metal tipped taps. For the following reasons:
- The sole of your shoes will last much longer.
- You will hardly notice the metal-tipped tap as it is very small.
- It can be placed on most men’s dress shoes.
- There are different designs, whatever your needs are.
- They are fitted with screws designed for shoe soles.
It is recommended that metal toe taps are fitted by a professional shoemaker as they can cause discomfort when wearing shoes if they are not fitted by an expert.
How should metal toe taps be cared for?
- Clean the surface with a damp cloth to remove any dirt residue.
- Make sure they always remain dry; this is important to maintain the care of the metal toe taps.
· Periodically examine the shoes to determine if they need repairs.